Design

Monday, November 3, 2008

Politics according to a 5 year old 1st grader

They must have talked about politics today because here is our conversation on the walk home from school. (Players include Me (Sassy), Kennie, Zach (neighbor) & Karissa (neighbor).

We walked out of the school door
(Kennie)- "MomwevotedtodayandIvotedforVarakObama."
(Sassy) - "Kennie, slow down and start over. I didn't understand anything you said."
(Kennie) - "Today in school, we voted and I voted for Varack Obama.
(Sassy) - Still a little clueless
(Karissa) - "Kennie, I voted for John McCain. Why did you vote for Barack Obama? Don't you know he is going to make everything cost more.
(Zachary) - "I voted for Barack Obama. My mom pays for everything."
(Sassy) - "Kennie, why did you vote for Barack Obama? It's not Varack Obama, It's Barack Obama."
(Kennie) - "Oh. I don't know mom, I want to change my vote."
(Sassy) - "I'm sorry Kennie, it's too late."
(Karissa) - "Don't you know that Barack Obama is going to take away all the guns, too?"
(Sassy) - thinking in her head, HOLY MOLY!!! How did these kids get so smart.
(Kennie) - "Mom, if Barack Obama is going to make everything cost more and he is going to take guns away, then no one will vote for him, right? Why would people want everything to cost more?"
(Sassy) - I can't believe I am having this conversation with my 5 year old!! "Kennie, who won at school today?
(Karissa) - "Barack Obama!"
(Kennie) - "Mom, Barack Obama had 90 and John McCain only had 40. Why can't John McCain win?"

Then, all 3 of them stopped everyone we came across and told them that Barack Obama is going to make everything cost more and take away all our guns so we need to vote for John McCain. Remind me why people put signs in their yard. They should just tell their 5 year olds......Crazy

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Classic!

brandy said...

I am laughing so hard right now. Varack Obama!!!! Hilarious. It's amazing what little ears pick up on.

Katie said...

oh, that is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Kids are so funny! And smart! I love listening to kids talk!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny and cute all at the same time. Put that one down in the books.