Design

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's giveaway time -- Our Best Bites

****This giveaway is now closed****


Seeing that I'm playing in Japan with Shelby - it only feels right to do this giveaway.  Shelby is the one who introduced me to our best bites.  It's where I have gotten several recipes that I love.  Especially White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake with Pecan Ginger Crust.  Super yummy and scored lots of $$ for our young women/young men. 

Our Best Bites has produced a cookbook.  Super excited to get mine!!  My favorite recipe of theirs I had when I stayed with Shelby in D.C. in July.  It's their Garlic Rosemary Potatoes.  We doubled the sauce and covered a pork loin with the sauce and cooked it until almost done then put the potatoes to cook with it.  Seriously, divine!!

So, to win the giveaway - it's simple.  Just share your favorite recipe.  You can blog about it and link it back to here.  Publish a note on facebook and link it here or just type the recipe in the comments.  I will put the beginning and end numbers in random.org and it will determine a winner.  If we have enough participants, I will purchase another one and give that one away too! I am loving some of the recipe blogs I am finding.  I have some super yummy recipes to try when we get home!  My favorite - Homemade Gronola and Homemade Hot Chocolate!! 
So, lets go!  Give me some yummy recipes!!

8 comments:

Mom4ever said...

I posted a recipe and linked to your blog here: http://alaskamom4ever.blogspot.com/

cryhurst said...

How can I choose only one recipe? :) I have so many. And most of them are desserts. So I guess I'll choose one of them. :)
Yummy toffee:
2 sticks softened butter
1 c sugar
1/2 c chopped almonds
1/2 c choc chex
Choc chips

Use butter wrappers to grease bar Pan.
Melt butter and sugar in pot on medium. Constantly stir until starts to boil an thickens. Keep stirring while simmerig until color changes to a Brown/ toffee color. Remove from heat and stir in half nuts and chex. Pour in pan and smooth out. Top with choc chips and allow them to melt before spreading. Add remaining chopped nuts and then slice. Allow to cool completely before removing pieces. Enjoy!!!

Thanks for the opportunity Sassy. I love new cookbooks and recipes and you are always introducing me to new ones. Thanks!!!

Paige said...

Our new favorite can be found here: http://www.justcookalready.com/2010/01/ham-cheese-sliders.html

So easy & SO delicious! We love this recipe!

Charity said...

I've been reading for a while but thought it was about time I commented...

Classic Grilled Cheese

Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
Medium Yellow Cheddar Cheese
Tomatoes
Sourdough Bread

Layer so your tomatoes are in the middle of your 2 types of cheese. Grill and serve with fresh fruit or salad!

Have a fabulous time on your trip! We should talk when you get home so you can tell me all the ins and outs of flying into Japan.

SnoWhite said...

Well, there are so many yummy recipes! My current favorite is a soup -- spinach tortellini. It's fantastic.

In response to your question about artichokes, I don't have recipes that use them too often. One recipe I'll pass on is this:

http://hunwhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/2011/03/spinach-and-artichoke-mac-and-cheese.html

And, another is wild rice, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, tuna fish and artichokes. Cook the rice, steam the artichokes, warm the tuna and serve over pita chips with feta and tomatoes.

Blessings!

MC Lewis said...

My sister-in-law gave me this and I LOVE it. You can actually freeze these and pull one out whenever you are needing something yummy.

Banana Cookies:
1 ½ cup brown sugar
1 ½ cup shortening
2 eggs
1tsp. vanilla
4 mashed bananas (black or darker is better)

mix, then add:

½ tsp salt
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda

Scoop into 1 inch round balls onto baking sheet.
Cook on 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Icing:
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup milk
½ cup butter

Boil for 3 minutes. Whisk or hand beat in powdered sugar. It doesn’t call for a specific amount but it’s close to a box). It will be somewhat runny but will dry hard. While still hot dip tops of cookies and lay out to dry on wax paper.

Cynthia said...

You know I love give-aways!

Crock pot Cafe Rio pork

1 cup medium salsa
1 cup brown sugar
3-4 lb pork sirloin roast

Mix salsa and brown sugar together and pour over pork roast in crock pot. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred meat with 2 forks. Serve with tortillas, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, etc.

COMPLETELY FABULOUS! And one of the easiest things to make.

Five Wahlquist's said...

I have SO MANY FAVORITES!!! I have been trying A LOT of new recipes lately. I am either falling in love with them, thinking they were good but too much work for a mommy of 3 small children, or they turned out-- not so good! But I love trying them!

Anyway,

I think I have to post 2! A dessert and a main dish!

Dessert first:
Raspberry Creme Fraiche Tart
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
7 TBSP unslated butter (cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 large egg
Filling:
4 ox cream cheese
1/4 cup creme fraiche
3 1/2 tbsp lavendar honey (I found clover honey works better-- to my taste buds anyway)

Make Crust: In a food processor pulse together all crust ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Put tart pan (i like to use mini tart pans.. 8 of them) on baking sheet and press dough evenly onto bottom and up side of tart pan. Chill shell of 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350F. Line shell with a buttered cheet of heavy aluminum foil (butter side down) and fill shell 1/3 the way up with pie weights or raw rice. Bake on sheet for 20-25 minutes until edges are pale golden. remove aluminum foil and bake another 20 minutes. Cool completely on rack before adding filling.
Filling: Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add creme fraiche and 1 1/2 tbsp honey and whip uintil well combined. Spread in shell and top with raspberries. Heat remaining honey until liquified and drizzle over raspberries.

As for the main dish: This one comes from Our Best Bites (Thanks again Shelby!)
Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken
1 lb skinless chicken breast
8 oz. lean bacon
1 large can pineapple chunks (I like fresh better)
Teriyaki Sauce (can be homemade and supper yummy)

Take bacon out of wrapper and stretch it. Cut it into 1/3rd. Cut chircken breast into bite size pieces. Wrap bacon in chicken and skewer it! Add pineapple. Repeat. Marinate with teriyaki sauce in fridge for at least 4 hours. Preheat grill to 350-400 F. Place on grill and bster. Cook 7 minutes per side.

Yum! Enjoy!