Design

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Small Update

Delicious recipe posted below!!


So, just a small update so you all know we are alive! We are trying to get back into the swing of things. That is so hard after such a fabulous vacation!

Kennie - He is enjoying being able to play outside and I can't get him to put down the books when he is inside. He reads everything he can. Sometimes 2 or 3 times. His latest is he wants to read the Book of Mormon so he is working on that. The 2 older boys got to go skiing with a neighbor and it was their first time. They were both super quick to pick it up and they can't wait to go back!

Justin - He is being Justin. Just tonight, he fell head first into a bunch of rocks while rollerblading. I maybe should have taken him to the ER but was assured by a medical friend that he should be okay. He had a blast on his first time skiing as well and can't wait for lessons this next winter.

**I gave Kennie and Justin a chance to go back into public school. This wasn't what I wanted, but I wanted them to make the choice. The decided they still want to be home schooled. That has to say something about me, right??

Nate - Nate is Nate. We might need to change his ADHD medication, but we will see what our (AWESOME) doctor says. He wants to do everything his brothers do but can't because he isn't tall enough or weigh enough. We are super excited that Nate was accepted into the Japanese Immersion program that he will start in August when he starts Kindergarten. They do normal school in the morning but then the afternoon is all in Japanese. I'm pretty excited for this! Plus, he is super excited too!!

Maggie - She is the princess. To say that she runs the house (at least her brothers) is an understatement. She is super emotional and always has to get her way. She has had a big wake up call since daddy has been gone! :) What a mean mom I am!

Aaron is doing really good. He works 7 days a week and he works 12-14 hour shifts. He has seen some pretty crazy things but continues to stay positive. He is truly my hero! He cut his hair. It's shorter than I have seen it in the 10 1/2 years I have known him.

Sassy is just trying to sane. That's easier said than done most days, but I'm not in a straight jacket yet. I need to figure out the balance of school, housework, me time, kid time and all my church and other responsibilities. By the time I figure it out, Aaron will be home, but whatever!! I am just so excited for h8im to come home. I miss him SO much.

No comments: