It's been a rough week, so I am doing all 5 assignments in 1 post. Sorry!
Week 2 - Assignment #1 - Discuss a job you would do for free.
Ever since I can remember, I have had a love of math! Numbers facinate me. In high school, my math level was so high that my only option for science was the honors. Let's just say that I am the ONLY person on the planet that does well at math and not at science. I didn't get it. Anyway, I loved my math classes. 2 of the 3 years of high school, I took 2 math classes. 1 required and 1 as an optional class. I have always wanted to be a high school math teacher. If Aaron made enough money, I would do it for free (after all 4 kids were in school of course!!) I have tutored a few people in my short time away from Utah and have loved every minute of it. I have a way of changing the words so those who don't understand the way it's written, somehow understand when I teach them.
Week 2 - Assignment #2 - Write a postcard to your Grandma from someplace in Europe that you want to visit someday.
Grandma-
Sure do miss you. I wish you could have come with me to Scotland. I am in heaven here! One of my favorite places was Glasgow. I loved all the castles. I am sure glad I didn't have to clean any though!! Papa would love all the Salmon filled streams, dad would love the golf courses and my mom would be in heaven with the bagpipes! Josh would probably make fun of the men in kilts, but I think it's awesome. The kids favorite part was riding the double-decker tour bus. The best moment is when we were sitting in the 13th Century cathedral. It was amazingly calm in there. It was nice to be able to feel of the spirit there. We miss you terribly!! Next time, you are coming! Got it??
Love,
Sis
(P.S. I really do want to go to Scotland. One day. I promise!!)
Week 2 - Assignment #3 - Make a list of Books Read Long Ago Which It's Now Time To Reread
1. When Your Prayers Seem Unanswered (Michael Wilcox)
2. 5 Scriptures that will get you through almost anything (John Bytheway)
3. Charlie (Jack Weyland - a classic!)
4. Book of Mormon
5. The Continuous Atonement (Brad Wilcox) I just finished this, but want to read it again! You always miss good parts!!
Week 2 - Assignment #4 - comments on discipline on the post of the instructor.
Week 2 - Assignment #5 - list my 5 biggest worries
1. I won't be alive long enough to see all my children succeed in this life!
2. The Lord will decide we need to have another baby. (I don't think I could handle this!!)
3. Losing one of my children! (I want to die before all of them!)
4. Not being good enough to spend eternity with my husband, kids and brother!
5. Losing my husband to a war! Stupid terrorists!!
*Note - Obama's health care plan ranks high on this list too. My husbands schooling and job will be questionable if it passes. We have worked so hard to get to where we are. I just hope they figure out something else first!!
3 comments:
I am a math person who is not particularily good at science - I think because teachers always try to glaze over the math which is at the root of it and talk about happy, feely things. When I was in college we were doing the same thing in my math and science class and it was easy in my math class - not quite so in my physics class. I too would teach for free, but I would go with college Calculus as my preferred course.
Great lists....
Thanks for participating in my School Days seminar! I loved reading the responses to the assignments!
Great lists! And I couldn't agree more about the "stupid terrorists!"
Post a Comment