One of my friends posted this blog on her blog. You may have read this, and if you did, I am sure you were moved. If you have not, word of warning, grab a box of tissues and make sure you have an hour. I did it during nap time. Start at the beginning. When you make it to the end, go hug your children and tell them how much you love them.
A thought after reading - if you look at the heaven bound post, there is more than 600 comments. As I was reading through a few of them, I was so proud. There were no harsh words, there were no accusations. There was only love and concern for a man and his young daughter. More than 600 people (most of them don't know this family) bound together to strengthen and lift a man with a broken heart. His story touched all of them and probably changed most of their lives, to a small extent, but here they are, trying to lift him. Help him in his hour of need.
These are the kind of people I want to be surrounded by. I don't care your religion, I don't care your race or background. Supporting one another and lifting each other is what the Lord had in mind for us. It is so nice to see this still exists. In a world so full of anger, hate, destruction, greed, desire and malice, there are still people who love and care. I will bet you that those people leaving comments were not all Baptist or Lutheran. But, in the midst of the comments, there is not one mention of "which religion" we are. It is just people, having faith in Jesus Christ see another one of his sheep hurting. Not lost, just hurt and trying with everything they know to help him. Amazing. What a great lesson this is. There is strength in numbers, and if we combine forces, we can make a positive influence in this world.
I am off to hug my kids a little tighter. My prayers are with this family and any of my friends and family who may be struggling!!
3 comments:
Sniff, sniff. Thanksfor sharing that. Our prayers go out to this family. They are amazing examples of the Saviors love. I am touched by their faith and love for Him. I will continue to follow up on this new baby and her dad.
Hey! Since when are you guys in Alaska?? Ok - I've not checked blogs for about a month. No 2 months. But you're in Alaska?? Do you like it? Sorry about the allergies, Justin. That stinks.
Hope you guys are well!
Tess
Thank you for sharing this. As I have spent the last three hours reading their ENTIRE blog, I sit here ashamed at the frustrations I have with my family.
Thanks for the gentle reminder at how incredibly lucky I am that we are all healthy and here.
p.s. Kitty broke her left wrist on Friday. It seems so minute now.
Miss you guys like crazy.
Jen
Post a Comment