Design

Friday, September 4, 2009

Assignment #3

Assignment #3 – Blog about a book you have read over and over.

The first book that came to my mind is When Your Prayers Seem Unanswered by Michael Wilcox. I have read this book so many times and even given it as presents to friends who seem to be struggling and need a small pick me up. It is an easy and fun read, yet so insightful at the same time. When reading this book, you begin to notice all the things in your life that are a direct answer to your prayers that you would have probably overlooked.

While reading this book, I grew more spiritually than I could have ever expected. I read it simply to take my mind off the fact that Nate wasn't sleeping. (During his newborn screaming stage.) After my reading sessions each night, I would fall to my knees and pour my heart out to my Heavenly Father. Mostly in thanks but also with the ability to understand why I was being tried and to always help me to see those small answers. Sometimes, if you can see those, you don't feel as alone or picked on. (While typing this, it occurs to me that I need to pick it up again and reread it. I am in need of that life at this moment!!)

The adversary is so strong around us. We are being tempted at every turn. Sometimes, having a reminder that we are heard and watched over is all the motivation we need to continue with our head held high and a smile on our face! Another good one is 5 Scriptures that will get you through Almost Anything by John Bytheway. Another one to motivate you into action!

1 comment:

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

i really need to get a loaner copy of that book too. i know someone who could really use it right now!