Design

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Angels heard

So, at this point, I am at my computer in tears!! If you haven't already, scroll down to see the cute picture of Maggie and her daddy! I just couldn't not post. I have been praying for friends in Alaska. I am an outgoing person by nature and have not changed during our 2 months here in Alaska. However, I am finding it more difficult to make friends here. Within hours of us arriving here, we met the Holmes. They were our neighbors. Then our housing situation fell apart and we found ourselves miles (7.3 to be exact) away from them. That is a long cry compared to across the street. You know how sometimes you just click with people. Like you've known them forever. That is how I felt around the Holmes family. Their 4 kids are awesome and 2 of them are pretty close in age to 2 of mine. Anyway, I have really struggled here on base with friends and depression. But, I got the most unexpected and exciting phone call from Stacie today. They offered them a house on base 2 HOUSES AWAY from mine. Seriously? I tried so hard to not get my hopes up but this was almost impossible! I just got an e-mail from her saying they accepted the house. They should be moved in by November 1st.

The prayer was said, the angels heard and at this moment I feel an incredible amount of love from my Heavenly Father. He knows us individually and knows our needs. He provided what I needed. Thank you seems so silly, but there isn't much more I can say. Thank you!!

Stacie – I am at your beck and call. You tell me what you need and it is done!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

That is so SO wonderful!!! I am very happy for you guys!! Now I don't have to worry about you so much anymore =)

Lorraine said...

That is wonderful. So glad you will have a friend close by!

Cynthia said...

Good news all around! We have been praying for your family. I hope that things continue to come together and I'm glad that you will have a good friend close by. I am jealous, however, that she gets to live just down the street from your family- we miss you!

Holmes Home said...

We're excited too! Beck and call, huh? I'll have to maximize that!ha!