Kennie starts 1st grade tomorrow! During the 5th week of school they gave Kennie the end-of-year exam for kindergarten and he flew right through it. He is very excited. In saying this has happened before, the last 2 months of Aaron's kindergarten year he was moved to 1st grade, and then went right on to 2nd. So he basically skipped 1st grade. David (Aaron's dad) skipped a grade too. So, you can see we have some smart men in this family. I am trying to have faith in our decision to skip him. I was prepared for this to happen since clear last spring Kennie's preschool teacher said this would happen. I freaked out then, but have had the whole summer to digest it. At least I'm not pregnant!
P.S. This picture was taken on Wednesday. Notice how great Kennie's hair looked. This is the best hair day Kennie has ever had. I had to take a picture. He has hair like his father and it is VERY difficult to make it lay just right. Finally, a good hair day.
4 comments:
trying to give us a little pregnancy scare there?...you guys are too funnY!! that's crazy about kennie, but i'm so sure he'll do great in 1st grade. oh, and i LOVE that pic of him. too cute!!!
I'll have to say, I was leaning towards a pregnancy announcement there, too!
Way to go Kennie! Of course he's a smart one! Look at his parents!
What a CUTE picture of him! He looks so much like Aaron!
Congratulations! It was great to talk to you the other day!! What a smarty pants!
Wow, lets hope that Lana is that smart!
Post a Comment