Design

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I got my butt kicked!!

It has officially started. I joined a group at church that is doing the biggest loser. We started today with the first weigh in. It is a 12 week process. Each week, we e-mail the head honcho (is that even a word) and report our current weight and the weight lost that week. So, I decided to start last night.

Shelby and I went and got our butt's kicked last night. We went to a Zumba class at the gym. Wow!! 60 minutes of sweating. I didn't get up and exercise today, but had to run to the school to get Kennie, and I mean run. I ran the whole way and most of the way back. It felt pretty good.

I am proud to say, that when I weighed in this morning, I still weighed 11 lbs less than July of last year. That means, I had a baby and I still weigh less. Dang Depo shot. My advise, DON'T DO DEPO!!!!

My goal: Lose 25 lbs before we move (next May.) Anyone want to join me in my quest? I would love some company!!

6 comments:

Electrawoman said...

okay how do i get started and that is so awsome that your ward is doing that good luck

Ron Urton Family said...

My advice try spinning. If you have one available you can burn 600-900 in one hour. It is hard but awesome. I am totally impressed with your undertaking. For me I figure that I just have to do the one thing I absolutely dread RUN! I promised Ron to run a 5k before the end of the year and hopefully move up from there.
Good Luck

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good luck! I worked really hard last fall and lost 20 lbs. Kept the weight off during the holidays and kept excersizing. Then the summer came. Ugh! I put on 10 lbs, and those are the hardest to get back off! I remember the depo shot. I tell you, it's nice not to be on it! I am so impressed with your running! I HATE to run!! Keep up the good work!

Momma Sarah said...

You GO Girl! Our ward just finished a triathlon - but, of course, I was the one behind the camera lens. Ha! Keep up the good work!

MC Lewis said...

Yea so I still have 20 pounds to lose from baby weight. I keep telling myself I am going to do it, but eating less of the right foods hasnt helped yet. So good luck!!!

Hilary said...

So I realize that I'm way behind, but I would like to join you. I've got about 15 that I would like to drop (I'd love to by Christmas, but we'll see) What suggestions do you have?