Design

Monday, September 15, 2008

Thanks a lot IKE!!

Sorry, no sugar coating today. I'm not in a good place at the moment.

Yesterday was a really bad day and thanks to Hurricane Ike, today is going to be almost as bad!! Here's why:

Yesterday Aaron was on call. You might ask, what does that mean? Well, he left around 6:00 am and didn't get home until almost 8:30 pm. During that time Ike hit. I will take this moment to say my thanks to Heavenly Father that we didn't get the rain that they got 2-3 hours to my north. If we would have gotten 8 inches of water, the bottom level in my house would have a mountain of standing water. Anyway, back to what we did get. We got the hurricane winds. Some parts of Dayton got 70 mph winds. It sure felt like we were in the wind tunnel. Some of our friends didn't have power when they got home from church at noon yesterday and they still don't have power today. I am thankful that we have power and never did lose it.

So, why such a bad day? Aaron wasn't at church and those of you with 4 kids totally understand how hectic church is with 4 kids and 2 adults. Well, there was only 1 of me yesterday. I got in the car after church was out and the kids were buckled and cried. I was just so overwhelmed. We got home and I started lunch. During the 14 minutes it took me to boil the water and cook the noodles, Kennie and Justin got in trouble 3 times, lost their sippy's (only water all day), no dessert and no snacks. During lunch, they lost the Wii (not that I was going to let them play it on a Sunday, but they don't know that) and they lost a movie. They also went to bed at 7:30. I ran out of things to punish them with. Aaron came home last night after everyone was in bed.

So, Aaron and I were chillin' and watching the scores from the football game and watching the Browns game when they started rolling the school closings and delays on the screen. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? MISERY!! Yep, the school is closed so that means Kennie and Justin are home all day again today. Aaron is gone until at least 6 tonight and they can't go play outside because there are sticks everywhere. Oh, to make matters worse, I think Maggie is fighting something. She had a low grade fever this morning and has been pretty grouchy all day. So, here's to a horrible day thanks to Hurricane Ike.

4 comments:

Here at home said...

I'm sorry you are having a bad day. I know how you feel. Some days all you want to do is cry. WEll, cry. Let it all out. Don't hold anything back. It may not make you feel better, but maybe it will scare your kids into behaving. If they're like my kids, thy will give you lots of hugs and wipe away your tears.

Ron Urton Family said...

I hate it when Ron has call on Sunday. Fighting with kids during sacrament meeting is no picnic. Just remember that the blessings will come for at least trying to go. By the way when I want to strangle my kids we play boxing on the Wii. It seems to help!

Electrawoman said...

I cant resist this comment It sucks to be you

but anyway hang in there you will get through this hurricane ike hit my cousins in houston she said it was insane you would go to the store and everyopne was panicly buying every last thing they could find

Sydney said...

I would have emailed you, but it wasn't on your blogger profile... We're having a baby shower and need your address to send you an invite! :)

♥ Sydney