Design

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

HELP……….. (a giveaway!)

I need some help.  It’s getting close to the New Year, and I have no goal for 2011!
Instead of setting New Years resolutions, I set 1 goal for the year.  Something to focus on.  At times I do really good.  At others, I don’t.  But I pick up as soon as I can and continue.  This has really helped me grow.  One year I learned as much as I could about Eve.  For 2010, I decided to listen more closely to the promptings of the Spirit.  It has been an amazing year.  I was able to see the presence of the Spirit in my life.  I was feeling alone and ungrateful.  This goal has helped me take count of my blessings and be a true instrument in the Lord’s hand. 
So, I need some suggestions for 2011.  I am drawing a blank!!  So, for dropping by and giving me an idea (or two or three), I will let random.org pick 2 winners.  That’s right, 2!!  What do you win?  Well folks, here it is…..
giftcard
That’s right.  2 lucky people will win a $25 each.  There is a limit to 1 entry per person per day.  Thanks in advance for your help!!!

**Edited - I forgot to put a closing date on this.  The giveaway will close 1 week from today.  That makes December 30th, midnight Alaska time the end of this giveaway!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

patience in adversity. (at least that's what i need.)

alisa said...

Come what may and love it. This will be mine this year. Learning to love what life throws at you. THis was a quote Elder Wirthlin's mother taught her children. I love it!

Lorraine said...

One thing I have enjoyed marking in my scriptures is all of the places that our Savior or Father in Heaven say they love us or evidences of that love. I would love to spend a year studying the love of God.

Cynthia said...

Looking at all you have going on, if I were you my goal would be to simply survive!!! That's not a very spiritual goal... but that's the first that comes to mind. :-)

Amy Marie said...

Yeah!!! I have lots of fun spiritual goals, funny huh?
Ok, since you said one a day here's my first:
Study about the persecution the LDS Members went through that caused them to seek out (and travel to) Utah.
But, it goes great with my second so I'm doing two in one day, can't help myself!
Second study the women pioneer and the special hardships they endured just because they were women pioneers, as opposed to the men, like childbirth along the trail, that would sure test my faith, no rest, and not being able to have a few weeks to recover, whew.
Ok there's my first two!

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

I've been thinking about this one a lot and I have 2 thoughts for you. Both of them could be a good follow-up to listening to the Spirit's prompting. The first is "applying the teachings of Christ in your life" and the other is "focusing on what matters most". Elder Uchdorf has a great talk in Oct 2010 about the second idea. I'm going to do on of these, because I've always thought you've had a great idea to pick a theme each year. I just haven't decided which one yet. We'll talk, I'm sure!!

Crystal said...

You are so wonderful. Your goal last year has helped me to try to make a goal for myself for 2011.
I was going to suggest daily writing of your blessings. I might do this one too as I think it'll help improve my attitude right now too.
Count your many blessings indeed!! :)
Love ya!!

Melissa, Ethan, and Julianne said...

Going along with your goal of this year--be an instrument in the Lord's hands. Seek to know the Lord's will for you each and every day on how you can love and serve those around you--especially your family. Heavenly Father knows our children better than we do and He knows what they need to be learning every day. As we seek for personal revelation and seek to be an instrument--he will prompt us with what to do.

Kristin B said...

A gratitude journal...only catch is you can not repeat for the entire 365 days. 3 things each day and no repeats...it is so awesome to go back over and read when you are all done.