Design

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Totally loving 30!!!

I am 30! I didn't dread 30 as much as a lot of other people I have talked to. For some weird reason, it is okay to have 4 kids if your 30, so now I am ok! J Anyway, here is a list of 30 random things about me. Some you may already know and some you may not!

  1. I started out wanting 6 kids. That only changed after I had Maggie. There is no way I can handle any more!
  2. I am an NFL fanatic. I love Sundays because of Football. Church is awful (at least for the time being, with the kids so young) but I get to watch football! (GO COLTS!!!)
  3. I don't do the dishes every night before I go to bed.
  4. I prefer ham for Thanksgiving!
  5. I CANNOT stand Pie at any time of year (Comes with a birthday around Thanksgiving!)
  6. Is loving living close to a Costco!!
  7. When I was 10, I beat up my babysitter. She locked me in my room and I snuck out my window and "ran away."
  8. I can turbo clean if listening to Metallica, Tori Amos or Sarah McGlochlin.
  9. I have enrolled in a cake decorating class for December!
  10. I really don't like the brown/pink combo (and I am not in the closed either – Dana!)
  11. The one thing in life is to make people happy. My kids, my husband, my friends and even strangers!
  12. I was almost bald until I was 2! When I turned 3, I had Shirley Temple ringlets down to my waste.
  13. I lost my Wedding ring somewhere in Idaho while visiting my grandparents.
  14. When I was 4, I sang "I am a Child of God" in front of all the guests at my grandparents 25th Wedding anniversary!
  15. I have soft spot for Justin and love it when he comes to cuddle with me!
  16. I want to take a photography class. (Not that I don't have enough to do!)
  17. I need a new cell phone. Don't quite know where mine is right now. Only 1 month until I can switch to AT & T
  18. Took 1st place in regional's (Debate Tournament) every year of High School!
  19. Lettered in Debate my sophomore year of High School!
  20. Saw the light and switched from Mountain Dew to Diet Cherry Coke!!
  21. Love me a Blue Cheese Bacon Burger from Red Robin!
  22. I am a sucker for a good deal!
  23. I am currently stuck on 2 CD's – Full Circle (Creed) and a Hilary Weeks CD.
  24. When I was born, I had 8 sets of grandparents.
  25. I am the youngest person (as of 1998) to be diagnosed with Graves Disease.
  26. During Christmas time, my favorite CD to listen to is Connie Lou's Christmas (Forgotten Carrols.)
  27. I don't have any memories under the age of 8. My brother died when I was 7 ½ and I guess the way I dealt with it was to block it out.
  28. I have been engaged (kinda) 3 times. Once in high school (3 years) and I was waiting for a missionary when I met Aaron and then Aaron.
  29. Since I have been married, I have lived in Utah, D.C., Ohio and Alaska!
  30. I love to be surrounded by the people I love. So, since you are here and read my list, leave me a message and show me some love!!

I got the best birthday present ever. All 4 kids slept through the night. Kennie gave me a note (see below) telling me how much he loves me and I didn't have to have a pap smear at my doctors appointment this morning! It is a great day!!!

Note from Kennie:

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you Happy birthday to Mommy Happy birthday to you.

Dear Mom,

Happy Birthday! I love you with all my heart. your the best mom in the whole wide world. Love Ken, Jus, Nat, Mag and Dad.

9 comments:

alisa said...

Happy Happy Birthday friend!! TOo bad we can't celebrate at a Japanese Steak House! I think the only thing I dind't know was that you are taking a cake decorating class in Dec. Have fun!

Cynthia said...

So are #11 and #22 supposed to be the same? If it was me, I think I would put it on my list at least twice too. :-)
Great list and picture! You look great! How'd you get out of the pap smear?

Sassy said...

Thanks Cynthia, I changed it. I thought I had put it, but couldn't find it.

I am getting coils put in so he will just let them do my pap smear!

still in the process... said...

I'm glad that you are finally okay with 4 kids... Thanks for the 30 things about you, there were some I actually didn't know!

Here at home said...

You look great. I'm glad you are loving being 30. I hope your day was great. Happy Birthday, again.

Lorraine said...

Sweet note! Happy Birthday. I hope it was great! I hope you enjoy your class!

Monica Lawver said...

Happy birthday darlin'! You look amazing. Hopefully I'll be down 30 pounds for my next birthday!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday (with love! =) Great to see you yesterday!

brandy said...

You look so good Sassy! Happy Birthday again! 30 is way better than people think!