Design

Monday, November 2, 2009

All Hallows Eve



Otherwise known as Halloween! This year it was quite interesting. We did 3 activities. It is against the rules to put out pumpkins - the Moose will eat them - so, we didn't carve pumpkins. I really don't like doing it anyway. Aaron did buy 2 pumpkins on Halloween, when we went for haircuts!

The festivities started off Friday at the Hospital for a Costume Walk. At least, that's what I thought. I wasn't aware that there would be trick or treating. So, we didn't bring any bags. Thankfully, the pharmacy saved us and gave us the brown paper lunch sacks to collect candy. I didn't think Maggie would need one, so I only got 3. Boy was I wrong. She walked up to every bowl, said "treat" and then picked what she wanted out of the bowl. Everyone thought she was so cute, so they would stuff candy in her hat. (She was a witch.) We had to leave early for an appointment, which meant we only trick or treated for 30 minutes. Most kids went for 2 hours. They took you through the whole hospital. In 30 minutes, we filled all 3 lunch sacks TO THE TOP!!!

Saturday, we went to a party at one of the play places on base. The place was packed, but the kids wanted to stay anyway. We trick-or-treated in this tiny space. Once again, I wasn't aware that there would be candy. I thought it was going to be a carnival. So, we brought 1 pumpkin for prizes. Well, between the 4 kids (and only 6 candy stations) we filled the pumpkin to the top. We collected 9 full-size candy bars. I couldn't believe it! We came home, Maggie grabbed a nap, I went to the quilt store and then we went to our wards Trunk or Treat.

Enjoy the slide show of the evening. Next year, we will only be doing the Hospital Event. Maybe we will go out to dinner during trick-or-treat time!

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Halloween night is a great night to go out to dinner - everywhere is empty. We haven't done this since we had kids.

Cynthia said...

That's a lot of candy! Enjoy! The kids look so cute- we missed seeing you guys on Halloween!

still in the process... said...

cute pictures!!! Looks like they had fun, but I would have been dead!

MC Lewis said...

Lana was tired after walking down one row at our wards trunk or treat. I dont know how she will do it next year?!

Melissa, Ethan, and Julianne said...

Cute costumes!! Julianne still says "Trick or Treat" when we go knock on someone's door. I have to tell her that trick or treat is over :)