So, this is quite the funny story. Kennie is in love. We were at softball probably about 2 months ago when Kennie proposed. He was playing with Hannah (she will be 6 in October, he likes them older I guess.) Here is how the converstaion went:
Kennie - "Hannah, do you want to marry me?"
Hannah thinks for a moment then says, "Ya, I think I do."
Kennie - "Good, because I want to marry you."
For a few weeks, all he could talk about was marrying Hannah. We saw them at the lunch park a few weeks later and Kennie convinced me to invite Hannah over to play for the afternoon. They had a blast. (That is when the picture was taken.) A few days later, we see them at the lunch park again and this time Hannah & her mom invite Kennie to play at Hannah's house. On their way home, Kennie was talking with Kim (Hannah's mom) and this is how the conversation went (Kim's part is not word for word, but Kennie's for the most part is.)
Kennie - "I want to marry Hannah."
Kim - "Well, maybe when you are older."
Kennie - "Maybe when I get back from my mission, like when I'm 21 or 22. These things take time you know."
Okay, so thought I was going to die. He still talks about marrying Hannah. She is a way cute girl, so I really wouldn't mind, but I think it's quite comical how much he thinks about it. Maybe in 16 years, we can look back on this post and he can just laugh!!!
Hannah & Kennie sitting in a swing.....
1 comment:
Ohhh! How cute! Is this his first love? I love it that he's planning on serving a mission first! At least he's got things in the right order, eh???
Post a Comment