So, I can't believe I am about to write what I am going to write. A few years ago, I would have sworn that I would never have gotten to this point, but I have.
Today started off okay. I got a job (I'll explain more later), I watched Sol for a few hours, and We (4 adults, Mom, Cynthia, Susan and I) took 15 kids to lunch at the park. This is where the story takes an unusual turn. While at the park, Hannah (check for an upcoming post on Hannah) begged her mom to let Kennie come play. She agreed and I agreed. So, down 1 child. In trying to explain this to a heartbroken Justin (why Kennie could go play with Hannah but he couldn't) the neighbor Dallin asked Justin if he wanted to come play at his house for the afternoon. I made sure it was okay with his mom. Down 2 kids. What am I going to do with myself. So, we came home from the park, put Nate and Luke down for their naps. Maggie is asleep in her car seat.
So, I have a few hours to get stuff done. Why is it then, I ask myself, that I don't even know where to start. When there is confusion and kids screaming and getting sippy cups, snacks, meals and all the other fun stuff that moms do, I have an endless list of stuff that I need to get done. Now that there are no kids, no noise, no sippy's to fill, no snacks to get (except for myself) and no emotional outbursts, I sit dumbfounded. Where do I start? So, in my time of peace, I am longing for the fights, the "quit running around the circle," "don't hit your brother," "Nate, get out of there."
I have been praying lately for help understanding why I have been been given so many blessings(kids) and how I can manage better to get all the things I want to get done in a reasonable amount of time so I can get at least a few hours of sleep. The Lord answered my prayers in an unusual way. He sent me what I wanted, peace and quite.
Just a side note, in my peace and quite, I was able to clean the kitchen (real good too), change out the laundry, talk to a friend I hadn't talked to in a while, clean a bit in the scrapbook room and run an errand. I am now off to pick up Kennie and the babysitter so that mom and I can take Kennie and Justin to a baseball game tonight.
One more side note, we miss you Aaron. For those of you who don't know, Aaron is in San Antonio working with the GI team at Lackalnd Air Force Base and interviewing for fellowship (Please pray that we will get this spot.) The boys miss you like crazy. I miss you too, but hope you are using this time to get some of your "stuff" done for your conference in November.
Thank you for listening to my rant. I am off!!
2 comments:
yay, some peace and quiet. I love that time of day. In fact, that's how it is right now. All the kids asleep and just me to enjoy the quiet.
We will pray for Aaron. I hope it works out for you guys.
Cory is gone now, too. He started his job on Tues. and will be off to Montana on Sunday for two weeks.
K- so I'm still waiting to hear about this job???
When do your parents leave?
Post a Comment