I was really hesitant to publish my letter to the women who marched. I was afraid that I would lose friends. I didn't want to, but I am tired of letting my fear hold me back from being who I want to be. People that love and support me should want me to be my true self and even if they disagree with me, will hopefully support me and allow me to share my opinion, even if it is not one they agree with. If you read the letter and my opinion isn't one you agree with, thank you for not being rude and disrespectful, and not unfriending me. I actually made a note of how many friends I had before the letter was posted and as of today, I am only one friend down (and that friend deleted their Facebook account!) I really believe there is a place out there for all of us to share what we believe.
As I sit at the computer, I am pretty overcome with emotion. These last 8 weeks of following the promptings to sing my song has allowed some amazing experiences in my life. I have been prompted to reach out to several different people who have touched me over the course of my life, mostly the last little bit, and especially during some very difficult and challenging times. Moments when the thoughts of giving up were louder than the ones to fight. It is amazing to see how the Lord truly loves us. My contact with these friends was always through the mail. Some have responded with a text or phone call, and a few have even mailed something back! Many have commented on the timing, and of how they needed to hear the (incredibly) sappy words I wrote or the pictures that were included and the reminder that there are people cheering them on. Sometimes we need words and sometimes no words need to be said. The Lord does all the work!
I have also had many comment on my word of the year, sing. I have had such fun with this, you have NO idea! My word really chose me. Many have said their word chose them too. I love it. Please, if this is the case with you, SHARE IT WITH ME! I love it. I love spending my time reading and celebrating this instead of wasting my time on Instagram or Facebook, promise!!
One parting thought - listen to the little voice that tells you to do something kind. Send a note to someone, text a friend you haven't talked to for a while, call someone you are thinking about, drop by some cookies (or a loaf of bread like my awesome neighbor Mandy!). It may be so little, but it really can be something huge. Those thoughts are there for a reason. You are receiving those thoughts for a reason.. They are meant for you to act, not to ignore. We are each others angels here on Earth. Please don't forget that.
Thank you for allowing me to sing my song. Thank you for being gracious, loving, and kind. Being in the Air Force has been such an adventure, but the best gift is that it has allowed me to CHOOSE my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment