Design

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Month of Gratitude - Day 8

 We are told to avoid the natural man.  Today's thankful moment might go against that.  Not sure. 

Today, I am thankful for some of my human desires.  Not all of them.  Chocolate is going to be the death of me.... haha!

I am thankful for my desire to better myself.  I am speaking mostly of running.  I want to be better.  I want to run faster and longer.  I want to increase my stamina and be able to do more.  I like to think this helps me in other areas.  I push myself.  I accomplish what I set to accomplish.  I have learned my limits are just that.  MY LIMITS.  I don't have limits, only the ones I place on myself.

Yesterday, I didn't feel well so I decided to just walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes.  Do you think I did it?  NOPE!  One of my running songs came on and for the life of me, I COULDN'T walk.  I had to run.  My legs and brain just started going.  It was such a weird feeling.  My walking for 20 minutes turned into 2.6 miles in 30 minutes.  Yep, super good.  And guess what?  I felt so much better the whole rest of the day.  That right there is a huge lesson to all of us.  Sometimes, those human desires we have can do us good.  I crave the feeling after I run.  The self satisfaction and success of completing yet another running session.  I can't wait for the feeling after Carli and I run our 1/2 marathon in May.  I am so super excited.  Really?  One year ago, if you would have told me I would be training for a 1/2 marathon I would have told you that you were NUTS. 

Because I know myself, I know it will not stop at a 1/2 marathon.  I will need to train and run a full marathon.  For now, I am extremely happy working for my 1/2.  Set a goal today that you don't think you can do.  Then, amaze yourself by doing it!!

No comments: