If you are ever looking for an appetizer, this needs to be your fall back recipe. Seriously - this is the best mushrooms recipe I have EVER had. I made them for our Favorite things party. Since it is my favorite appetizer. Even people that don't like mushrooms tried it (because they always like the things that I make.) She couldn’t stop eating them (as long as she didn’t look at them) and commented several times how good they were. You should try them!!
Stuffed Mushrooms
Ingredients:
Mushrooms* 45-50
Cream Cheese (I use 1/3 fat free) – 8 oz.
1 lb Jimmy Dean bulk Sausage
½ cup Parmesan Cheese – shredded (I use fresh)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 35o degrees.
2. Brown sausage in a pan until cooked. While sausage is cooking – remove stems from mushrooms.
3. Add cream cheese to cooked sausage and stir until well mixed.
4. Add parmesan cheese and mix well.
5. Using a spoon, add mixture to hole in mushroom where stem was. As seen in the picture, I add a little hill to them mushroom.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
7. Serve immediately.
Note: these can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge or put in the oven if you have an autostart oven. I like to make these the morning of an event or a party so that I am not scrambling around last minute trying to get this done on top of everything else.
*I use mushrooms that you can buy individually and I usually pick out the bigger ones because I LOVE these mushrooms.
HAPPY EATING!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment