Design

Monday, May 9, 2011

Life isn't fair...

I just watched another reunion of a military member coming home from Afghanistan.  Bawled my eyes out.  The events the last two weeks have brought my emotions on my sleeve.  I swear I have a permanent track from my bottom eyelid to my chin on each side of my face.

I keep playing a song from Glee in my mind.  "So I throw up my fists, throw a punch in the air and accept the truth that sometime life isn't fair. I'll send out a wish, ya I'll send up a flare that finally someone will see how much I care."

A family down the street is one that will forever be affected by the shooting at Kabul Airport almost 2 weeks ago.  The kids father and a sweet lady's husband was shot and killed.  In one split second, their lives changed forever.  My head knows that Aaron is safe but that doesn't stop my heart from playing the what if's.  What if it were Aaron.  What would I do without my soulmate?  Then, I cry my tears into my pillow until I fall asleep.  I am sick of this.  I want my husband home.  I am also reminded daily that people have it worse the me.  I know that.  However, that doesn't turn off my feelings.  I am still allowed to feel what I feel. 

Moving off my soapbox, we have an approximate date for Aaron's departure.  Just under 2 months left.  I CAN'T wait.  Oh how I miss him!!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Praying for your husbands safe return and for you and your children. I know this has been really hard for you all.

Ben and Ash said...

I'm just thinking about how awesome that reunion will be!! You're amazing, Sis. Love you!