Lisa, Natalie, Lyn, Treyanna and Charlotte
Here is a picture of the finished product!
What you will need:
1 8x12 shingle from Home Depot (I couldn't find them at Lowes. They are in the shingle department. Make sure you get the silver metal one.)
2 pieces of printed cute matching paper
Ribbon
Mod podge and brush
Cropodile
Buttons
Magnets (I just picked mine up at Home Depot while we were there. They give a military discount!)
Superglue (not pictured)
Directions:
1. Cut your paper. You will need once piece measureing 2.75 (or 2 3/4) by 12 and one piece measuring 5.25 (or 5 1/4) by 12. Mod Podge the top of the shingle and apply the smaller of the 2 pieces of paper.
2. Mod podge the bottom paper to the shingle. Make sure you let it completly dry. Now would be a good time to superglue your button to the magnet.
3. Mod Podge over the whole board to seal the paper. It's okay if you see white, it will clear. Just don't put too thick of a coat on it.
4. Use adhesive to attach ribbon to cover the overlap of paper. (In the above picture, I used mod podge on the ribbon strip because it is mesh and there is no place to put adhesive. I just let it dry fully before I did it.) I wrap my ribbon around the back so you can't see the ends and it won't frey.
5. Using the Cropodile (or other tool), punch the holes in the top of the shingle. String ribbon through the holes and tie a bow or a know.
**Note: Make sure you let the top coat of Mod Podge dry before sticking your magnet on the board. It will leave a permenant mark on the board if it isn't fully dried.
Here's another example:
These instructions make it sound tons harder than it really is to make. Enjoy and happy creating!
I'm linking: here, here, here, here and here.
I'm linking: here, here, here, here and here.
3 comments:
I love anything scrapbook-y and organizational! Great job!
Those look terrific! And it seems like they would make great gifts. I love crafts that are cute and useful. These seem to have form and function. Thanks for the tutorial!
What a great idea for gifts! I'm going to do this! Thanks!
Post a Comment