Design

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Let it be written....

Today is the day for a huge first for me.  But, let me guarantee you, it won't be the last!

This morning was the first time since my dad has been here that we woke up to an alarm.  7:24 am.  Ya.  Pretty early for me.  Why you ask?  The Heart Run was today.  I made it!!!

Starting the race.  The kids were so excited.  That's me.  #7459!!  Lyn is behind me.  For those who are unaware, a 5k is 3.1 miles.  I have been training for this since November.  When I started, I hadn't run longer that to the end of then street.  I've always had an excuse.  I took the excuse away.  No excuses any more.  If I didn't want to run, then I wouldn't run, but I wasn't going to make an excuse.


That's me.  The green shirt with the white hat.  Lyn is beside me.  This is the end of the race.  We ran the 3.1 miles in 36 minutes and 19 seconds.  Just over a 12 minute mile.  Not bad for my first race ever.  Lyn and I hope to improve our time and do better at the Skinny Raven run with Dana!!!  One last photo, because I look SO great!!


The race is over!  We did it!!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Great job!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You look wonderful!! That is an awesome time! :)

Cynthia said...

You look great! BRAVO!!