Design

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I HATE Running!!

I am not now nor have I ever been a runner.  Hate is a very strong word.  I get that.  Still, I HATE running.  During high school, I used my heart condition as an excuse to not run.  It worked every time!  Coaches would feel sorry for me, so I got to read a lot!  My friend, Nichole, started working out and I decided to walk on the treadmill while she was running.  One day, I wondered if I could run for 2 minutes straight.  I had never done that.  So, I did it.  Honestly, I felt like I was going to pass out.  But, I didn’t.  So, I decided to try again the next time.  I ran .25 minutes before I needed to rest.  That is where it all started.

This morning, I got up and went to the gym.  ALONE!!  For the last few weeks, I have been able to run a mile without stopping.  I usually run a 12-13 minute mile.  Then I walk for another mile.  This morning, I didn’t even look at the screen until 1.5 miles.  I had to stop then because I was pretty out of breath.  But I was awesome!  13 minutes to do 1.5 miles.  I walked the last .5 of the mile and did the stair machine for a while. 

So, my point.  I still hate running.  I don’t know if that will ever change.  However, I love the power I have gained by running.  My goal is to be able to run 2 miles in 20 minutes before Aaron comes back.  What have you taken control of?  It’s not easy, but it is empowering!  Thanks for listening.

4 comments:

Mom4ever said...

Great job! I bet you'll make that goal.

I need to get my motivation back. Where did it go? It's that paradox of having to use up your scanty supply of energy on exercise to get more energy...eventually.

Of course, it might be a little easier if I didn't stay up late reading blogs. :o) This post of yours reminded me of another blog I've enjoyed, along the same lines. You might like it too: http://awaistisaterriblething.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html

Lorraine said...

That is awesome. I need to start running.

Leesa Marie Jones said...

Good Job!! I don't like running either. I like sports that involve running, but they are fun. Just to run by itself BORING!

Ben and Ash said...

Sis, you need to run outside if possible. It's a lot more interesting and time goes by a lot faster...believe me! Also, if you switch days with intense cardio and then running you will gain a ton of endurance so that you can run faster and longer. Try Jillians 30 Day Shred!
Congratulations on your accomplisment! Running does empower you!

xoxo