We have been listening to the Book of Mormon Scripture Scouts. My kids love it. There is one song that I dread. For several reasons. #1 – Kennie always starts crying. (He’s my sensitive one.). #2 – Kennie always says this song reminds me of Papa Schwendiman. I miss him! Which then leads me to think of how much I miss him as well. My thoughts then turn to my brother. I wish I could remember the days when he was alive. So, most of the time, we always end up in tears. November is hard. Especially this year. November is the month that Papa Schwendiman died. November is also my brother’s birthday. Justin would be 32 this year.
This year we are trying to get into the Christmas Spirit early. We put up the tree last night. All our Christmas decorations are up! Feels very weird. Our Christmas Day this year is the 27th of November. Santa will come the night of the 26th. He will bring with him Aaron’s parents and brother Dallin. The kids don’t know about this. SO excited to see their faces. I don’t think I have been this excited about something in a long time.
Loving our Discover Christmas curriculum we are using. Making chains, rice krispie treats shaped like trees and writing a Rebus! LOVE it!! Maybe our Christmas Spirit will come early after all!!
Ordered our Thanksgiving cards. Will go in the mail next week, I still don’t have a ton of addresses. Need to get some if you want a card!
2 comments:
What wonderful memories you are making with your family friend. We have fond memories of your house during the Christmas season! SO glad that you are doing CHristmas early for Aaron and the kids. I love that Justin has your brother's name....we love you Sassy and family!
I am glad that you are doing Christmas early. We did Thanksgiving and Halloween before Seth left on Halloween. Fortunately he will be back for this Christmas, but then I guess we can't really celebrate a whole years worth of holidays in the week we will have him in January. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season!
Post a Comment