Kennie is just about finished 2nd grade. He is enjoying his ignite program (the high IQ class he's in) and is looking forward to playing outside this summer. He enjoyed soccer and is looking forward to coach pitch baseball starting soon. Kennie is rebelling in his responsibilites of being the oldest and the most common phrase out of his mouth is "Why am I the only one?" My response, because I love you! :)
Justin continues to be my biggest helper and is at the top of the list of trouble makers. It seems he is always grounded from something or in his room for something. We have gotten to the point in his allergy shots that we only have to go 1 time a month. Holy cow. GREAT day.
Classic picture - right? So Nate! He continues to rebel against potty training and I am sick of trying to encourage him. So, he wears pull-ups. He enjoys the time at home with his mom. He wants to go to school but doesn't seem to grasp that if he potty trains - he will be able to go to school. Meanwhile, he continues to destroy things in my house and cause trouble. He would be at the top of the list in the trouble maker department.
Maggie - as much as we don't want to admit it, she runs the house. She enjoys it and loves being the center of attention. Her vocabulary is amazing. She does what Nate does which isn't ever good. She really enjoys reading time and especially her "printces!" She is obsessed with bling and anything pink. Such the girl. Thank Heaven we only have 1!!
Aaron leaves Saturday morning for 2 weeks. He will be traveling from village to village in Alaska treating patients. He will be the acting Endocrinologist for the group. He is looking forward to this adventure and hopefully he will learn a lot. He continues to work crazy hours. I am almost looking forward to another residency so we will at least know how crazy his hours will be and there will be some down time. Now, there is no down time. He spends a lot of his time tired.
Sassy continues to do anything in her power to survive from day to day. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. She has gotten pretty good at keeping the house maintained, but hasn't figured out how to throw the rest of it in. It's a slow process and those of you that know her know that she doesn't work in slow. She is learning patience slowly and is trying to learn from every challenge. She is looking forward to starting up scrapbooking classes and that will help to calm her. She is her calmest when she is scrapbooking.
Alaska has been difficult for us, but we are excited about this summer and all the fun things we will be able to do. We have lots of visitors planning to come up and Sassy is looking forward to her trip in July to Washington D.C. That's us right now. Enjoy your spring and summer!!
3 comments:
Great update! I loved reading about your family.
Thanks for the updates- I love the pictures! And yes, I wish I was a guest at your house tonight- I love that dessert!!!
Sis,
You look so beautiful and your family is so darling. I think of you every day!!!
Love you.
Post a Comment