Design

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Procrastination

I am usually getting on Aaron for his supreme example of procrastination.  He is excellent at it.  Most of the time, it drives me crazy.  However, tonight I am very grateful for this character in him. 

If he had a current Passport, at this very moment he would be packing his bags for Indonesia.  But, since he (and the other doctors in his clinic) doesn't have a current passport, his boss has to go.  Which meant he had to cancel a $4,000 course he had paid and registered for at Harvard.  Um, hello?  Holy Moly!  Thank Heavens for expired passports! 

However, he will probably be leaving the 10th of April for a 2 week TDY (temporary duty assignment) to the Busch of Alaska.  (rural areas in Alaska that need doctors)  Kennie is a little sad that daddy will be gone for his birthday, but I think we will do the party the next week so Aaron can be there.  I can do Busch Alaska.  I could do Indonesia, but I sure am glad I don't have too!!

Aaron - this might be the only time I am grateful for this trait.  I do love you though!!  Just realized, I need to buy another camera so he can take pictures.  You might enjoy that, huh?

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Definitely need another camera. I am glad he didn't have to go. We need to renew our passports.

Cynthia said...

Whew! Way to procrastinate! Just curious- which kind of "Busch" is he going to be experiencing? J/K!!!

Laura said...

Haha, that's great. Heath is considering going on that trip in April. We are still trying to decide whether it would just be asking for an early birth if he left then =)

DalPal said...

Procrastination runs in the Lewis blood... I'm the procrastination prince. :) As for being gone on Kennie's Birthday... My parents were often gone on my birthday, but that was through my teen years. It happens.