Just a heads up. We are going media free (kinda) this week. It starts in 45 minutes and will go through Saturday night. What does this entail? No computer, TV or Video Games at all. I know Aaron will need to use the computer after the kids go to bed some nights, but for the most part, we will try to keep them all turned off.
Why? The kids are too dependant on media. They need to remember what it is like to play with their toys, read their books and play board games with the family. After this week, they will need to earn media time. We are starting a system this week for them to earn rewards and they will have the choice of media (Wii and computer) time.
The exception will be if I hear anything about Maggie. I will break the rule (after the kids are in bed) and post any updated information on the blog. Have a great week and I will "see" you all next week!
Sassy
6 comments:
Good for you guys! We talk about doing that, but have yet to commit to it! Let me know how the week goes!
ove the new picture! Hope your media free week goes well. It would be hard for me to go computer free.
The computer would be hard for me, too. But, what a great thing. I get too caught up with it sometimes. So, good luck and we'll wait to hear how it goes.
Good luck!
Great idea! Hope all is well with Maggie. She is in our thoughts and prayers friend!
We call it 'plug-in' time. Way to go on your goal/commitment! It's hard to to in this technology world, but it's sooooo important to 'un-plug', too! I told my kiddos that too much 'plug-in time' will rot your brain, and they have me check their brains regularly to see if they are going to ooze out!
Post a Comment