Even though Maggie is 7 months old, we just got her 6 month check up and shots. I will say this is the worst doctors appointment I have ever had. I am going to with-hold some information until I get test results back, but for now, I can tell you a few things.
- Maggie is 13 lbs 4 ounces. I was so excited to see this. That is a 1 lb and 4 ounce gain from the 6 month weight check. Only to find out that she has fallen from the 6% to the 1%. Thankfully Troy (Dr. Baker) thinks it's just Mags and that she has Aaron's genes. I will express my thanks to my Heavenly Father again that Maggie's pediatrician is in our ward and knows that I am doing all I can to help her grow and develop.We are going to try to fatten her up a bit by feeding her oatmeal with everything, even her formula. I think she is just going to be skinny!
- She doesn't like shots. We haven't had a good experience with her and shots but today it got even worse. She kicked the shot lady right in the groin. There were tears in her eyes and she had to sit down. I couldn't help but laugh. Maggie cried for about 25 minutes before I was able to calm her down so I could head for home.
- Maggie had her 1st EKG. She has a slight murmur so Troy wanted to make sure everything looked good. I won't get the results back for a couple of days, but this was extremely hard. The worst part is I had to take the SUPER sticky leads off Maggie and then clean her torso off. She screamed the whole time and Sol was in break down mode because he hadn't had a nap.
A big super thanks to Cynthia and Deborah for watching Kennie, Justin and Nate so I didn't have to deal with them on top of everything else. I am ready for a nap. Too bad I won't get one.
It's amazing to me that Maggie is 7 months old. She is so cute and I am so lucky that she came to our family. She continues to stop the show where ever we go. It is inevitable that every person we encounter will comment on her huge eyes and she has the most perfect timing. She always makes her eyes bigger when someone comments on how big they are. Here is a few things she is doing.
- She is so close to crawling. She can now get herself up in the position and has the legs down, but is still working on how to move her hands. She will scoot herself across the room and then roll herself back!
- She is getting better at laying on the floor and playing with toys. She is at the stage where she puts everything in her mouth and is still pretty puky so most everything in our hosue is covered in throw-up.
- She is almost sitting by herself. She can tripod really good. She is so skinny that it is hard for her to strengthen her stomach muscles, but she is really close.
- She LOVES her brothers. She laughs and talks to them and gets so excited to see them. (I think she thinks that Sol is one of her brothers because it is the same with him.)
- She is probably teething. She has a constant string of drool hanging from her mouth. (Really attractive, huh?)
- Is doing so much better with sleeping. For the most part, she gets up once a night. She sleeps until about 7:30ish in the morning and is asleep by 8:30ish at night. She mostly takes 2 good naps a day. This has saved my behind! When she wasn't sleeping, I was having a difficult time functioning.
- Still loves her mama! She has a hard time being away from me, but has gotten to a point where (if mom isn't in the room) she is happy with daddy! She sometimes is okay with Mrs. Shelby, but sometimes is not. She smiles at Cynthia more and a few others at church, but is still pretty reserved about strangers.
- Is still wearing size 3-6 (or 0-3) month clothes. She is in a size 1 diaper during the day, but needs a size 2 diaper at night. (I can't believe it!! The boys were in at least a size 4 by now.)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry about the appointment. You just can do things the easy way, can you? On a different note -- I LOVE the new family picture on the blog! I liked the old one too, of course :)
Wow- so I didn't know that she kicked the shot lady! Hee, hee! (Don't all the kids want to do that- but most aren't able to?) She got what she had comin' to her, I say! If you had more time, I would seriously suggest writing a book. You have great stories!
Post a Comment