Design

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Media Free Week Results

This week was so nice and for a couple of reasons. #1 - it was a doctor free week! We didn't go to a single doctors appointment!! Now, I did talk for quite some time on a couple of occasions to doctors regarding Maggie's procedure on Tuesday, but I didn't have to sit in a waiting room. That always makes for a great week!

The media thing couldn't have gone much better. The boys actually played with their toys and each other all week. There was less fighting, less crying and less tension. They finally realized on Tuesday that they really didn't get to play the Wii and moved on with life instead of asking me ever 10 minutes. We had enjoyable dinners instead of the boys inhaling their food so they can play the Wii. If you want some good family time, try doing this for a couple of days. The TV stayed of for most of the night and we played as a family. SO FUN!

So, what happens next? We make it through this week. We head to Cincy tomorrow and should be back Tuesday night. Please pray for us. My emotions have some-what kicked in and could really use the prayers right about now! After this week, the boys will have to earn the Wii time. We will have a new job chart and a daily behaviour system where they can earn media time and extra snacks. I haven't gotten that all put together yet, but when I do, it will be FAB!! I will try and post Tuesday after Maggie is feeling better. Thank you all for your love and concern. We really appreciate it!

Aaron & Sassy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sassy! I am glad that your media free week went so well!! Thanks for telling us your plan for earning tv time and extra snacks! I did that 2 years ago and it worked really well. I think I'll implement that and the chores will actually get done! I fasted for you and Maggie and her doctors today and will continue to pray for you! You can do this! You are amazingly strong and your faith is an inspiration!!! Love ya!!!!!!

Momma Sarah said...

Way to go on your media free! You inspired me to revamp our chart. We are thinking about you and of course praying for your family and especailly Mags. You are one strong woman Sassy!

Rachel said...

Good luck this week with Maggie, you guys will be in our thoughts and prayers for sure!

I need to work on getting Gabe to play with his toys more and spending less time in front of the TV. It seems like he is always asking to watch a movie or cartoon!!! Thanks for setting a good example and showing us there is life for our kids beyond the TV!

alisa said...

Maggie and her family are in our prayers! We love you guys!

Cynthia said...

We are praying for your family! I hope that everything goes ok for little Maggie- and for you-

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

you are in our prayers!!

Ben and Ash said...

Sis, if there is ANYONE who can get through this, it is YOU for sure!
You're in my prayers.
xoxo