Design

Friday, October 31, 2008

Begger's Night

Beggars night is the term the Dayton Ohio area uses for Trick or Treating. Our night was last night. Before I show you pictures, I am going to rant. Beggars night was from 6-8 pm. Great! They put a time limit on it. No kids ringing the door bell waking up the young kids. This is our 2nd year on this side of the military housing, so this wasn't new to me, but I remember my rant last year. As one is begging each house for family, one can observe multiple (and I mean like more than 10) 15 passenger vans dropping kids off and going to the "end" to park. Yes, you heard me right. Multiple vans brought their kids to the stand alone houses to trick or treat because we are the "rich" part of the military (you are supposed to be a Captain or higher to live over here) and we are safe. So, we gave out candy and then gave out some more. The thing that bugs me the most is when kids over the age of 12 are begging. There should be an age limit. There should be some sort of party for kids age 12 and older to go to. Why are they coming to my house and taking the Mike 'n Ike's or Hot Tamales from the little kids.Okay, ranting done. Kennie was a pirate, Justin was a knight, Nate was the cutest dang spider you have ever seen, but it was Maggie who stole the show. She is the cutest lady bug in the world. See for yourself!! Aaron was a military man (what a great costume huh?) and Sassy was a crazy mother. (come on, that is a disguise don't you think?)

Also, here is a video of Nate saying trick or treat. I couldn't resist, he was SO SO SO cute!

3 comments:

alisa said...

Cute costumes! Where did you get the spider costume! I can't belive he is all grown up!! Tick or Treat....too cute! Happy Halloween!

Rachel said...

Holy cow, had I known you had Hot Tamales I would've loaded my fam into the van and headed over to your neighborhood for the good stuff! : )
Your kids look adorable!

Cynthia said...

Cute, cute! I love the slideshow! The video of Nate is priceless.