I was looking for this post for a friend and realized I haven't put it on here. So, here you go. My award winning White Chicken Chili.
Lots of ingredients, but Delicious!!
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil (I use EVOO)
2 pounds diced, cooked chicken meat
2 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic
20 ounces chicken broth
1/2 cup salsa
2 cans petite-diced tomatoes
2 (7 oz each) cans diced green chilies
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground coriander seed (I usually make without!)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
4 (15 oz each) cans white beans (juices not drained)
2 cans corn (juices drained)
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil and and cook onion and garlic until soft. Stir in broth, salsa, diced tomatoes, chilies and spices. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add corn, chicken and beans. You can simmer for 5 minutes, but I have found it best to simmer for as long as possible up to an hour. Serve with toppings for people to choose from: cheese, avocado, sour cream, tortilla chips or cornbread. (Cornbread is my Favorite!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment