For our treat tonight, we celebrated the release of Cars 2. The kids all want to see it. I thought I would share the recipe!
Cars Carmel Corn
Ingredients:
2 bags of (light or no butter) popcorn (or air popped)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
100-120 cars marshmallows (or 20-24 large plain), divided
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
100-120 cars marshmallows (or 20-24 large plain), divided
Step 1: Make popcorn. Set aside. Put butter, brown sugar, 50-60 cars marshmallows (or 10-12 large plain) in a microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir until marshmallows are melted and combined.
Step 2: Add remaining 50-60 marshmallows (or 10-12 large plain) and microwave on high 1 minute. Stir until mostly combined. (The kids thought it was super fun to have different color streaks in the popcorn, so we didn't stir until all marshmallows were mixed in.)
Step 3:
Step 4: Pour over popcorn and stir. Enjoy! Make sure you have paper towels or napkins. Fingers get sticky. Depending on how gooey you want your popcorn you can make more of the carmel topping. We like it gooey so we make another 1/2-whole batch. We use air popped popcorn. We don't like the butter on the popcorn for carmel corn. The moves...totally different story. ENJOY!!
1 comment:
I love, love, love caramel corn and I can't wait to try this!
Cheers!
Heather @ http://fakeitfrugal.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment