Design

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lonely…

During fast & testimony meeting on Sunday, Ben (a friend of ours) got up to bare his testimony.  Something he said pierced my heart stronger than anything I can remember.  A testimony to me that the Lord does answer our prayers, but we have to be watching.  If I wasn't paying attention, I could have missed it.
He was looking at his busy schedule and was wondering how he was going to do it all alone.  It occurred to him that he wasn't alone.  We are never alone.
With Aaron getting ready to leave me and the kids for 6 months, the thought of being alone is what scared me the most.  I will be crazy busy during the day, but when the kids go to bed, and it becomes quiet at my house, that's when I am left alone with my thoughts and I can't stop thinking about how much I miss him.  How I wish I could hold his hand.  I always think of things that I need to tell him when it's too late to talk to him. 
But, I was so nicely reminded on Sunday that I am not alone.  I will ALWAYS have a companion.  Ben - straight to my heart!  Now, I'm off to sleep in my bed alone.  Some things are good about him being gone.  I get the WHOLE bed!!  :)  I love you Aaron!

3 comments:

Ben and Ash said...

Sis, I know I've told you before, but you really are amazing. I dont't know how you do all you do in a day! I look up to you and love you for so many reasons!

xoxo,
ashlee

Mom4ever said...

Awww! <3

brandy said...

You can do it, girl! call me if you need too :)