Design

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nate is 4!!



My little man is 4.  Crazy how fast the time has flown by.  I remember moving to Ohio and being terrified.  New place and 2 months to get comfortable and turn strangers into family.  I would be leaving Kennie and Justin with people who were virtually strangers to deliver my boy!  Crazy to think back now.  I was ready to deliver by myself while Aaron stayed home with my kiddos.  However, in those 2 first months in Ohio, I was home.  My neighbors were my saving grace!  My friends at church saved me.  The Lord truly blessed my life by bringing those very special people into my life! 

Going back a little further, I will never forget going to my 20 week ultrasound.  Aaron had to work, so I took Kennie (who was almost 3)  with me.  He said he was a big enough boy to go!  So cute.  I just didn't want to be alone.  I will never forget the look on Kennie's face when the tech said that it was a boy.  Kennie screamed - "No, it's our baby sister and her name is Baby Anna!!"  He was SO mad.  His/her name was going to be Savannah Marie.  I was so sure that he was a girl.  How glad I am that I was so wrong.  What would we do without our Natey?  :) 

We would have a computer that isn't fried.  (The motherboard is currently fried.  This is after it was fixed by a friend in Ohio last year....)  Our Wii wouldn't have had to be sent off and fixed for the pirate coin that had been inserted in the slot.  He has destroyed a few cell phones, deleted a TON of saved games on the Wii and DSi, cost us a ton in diapers (and still does.....)

He also gives you this look that nothing else matters.  Yep, you know the look.  He climbs up on my lap to read me a book and just melts my heart.  The boy is going to be the scientist that discoverer's how to break into some countries secret plans and saves the world.  I just know it.


These pictures are from last summer, but he hasn't changed a bit and I just had to use them again.  Seriously, they are my favorite that I have had taken of him!!  His stats for 4 years is he is in the 50% for weight and the 25% for height.  (He has his mom's height genes.  Sorry Natey!)

My sweet boy - I Love you!!  Happy 4th birthday angel!

4 comments:

alisa said...

4 already??? I remember first meeting you when you were prego with Nate! Seems like just yesterday! happy birthday Nate!

MC Lewis said...

I'm so sorry I havent sent a card out. I already told my family to not count on anything for Sept (there are 11 birthdays, our baby will be #12 in Sept alone), due to the fact that I will be occupied trying to have a baby. I will try to get that out soon.

Cynthia said...

Yay for being 4! What a cute kiddo. We miss him around here! He is one kid who should've come with a warranty package of some sort...

Anonymous said...

4 is so fun! What great pictures!! Happy Birthday Nate!!