Aaron had an opportunity to work in the villages (Bush) of Alaska for two weeks. If you have a map handy, I'll tell you where he went. If not, just ignore the rest of the paragraph. He flew from Anchorage to Katzebue. From there, he got on a Black Hawk Helicopter and flew to Kobuk. He arrived Sunday night (April 12th). They were there until Friday when they got on their snowmobiles and drove to Shungnak. He was there Until Wednesday (April 21st). He flew back to Katzebue and then home on the 22nd. Here are a few of MY favorite pictures.
Inside the helicopter going to Kobuk. We had to hold luggage on our laps.
Posing outside the clinic in Kobuk.
Riding the sleds on our way to Shungnak. I took this holding the camera out in front of me.
Cross country skiing in Shungnak.
Self photo looking back over Kotzebue Sound
We are happy to have him home but glad he enjoyed himself. He wished he could go next year but too many other doctors want to go. We are glad he had this experience!!
3 comments:
Awesome experience! I seriously want that coat...so cozy!
I loved looking through Aaron's photos on FB!! It seems like he had a really great time. Apparently the Peds aspect of the trip was not as fun. They moved constantly, sleeping on floors and working in poor conditions. After hearing that side, I don't think Heath wants to go if he had the chance again. Too bad it couldn't have been more like Aaron's experience!!
Looks a wee bit chilly... Glad he had a great time, though!
Post a Comment