Kennie – He is doing well in school but is daily upset by the "fun" homework Justin has and his homework is so boring. He complains daily about being the oldest, but usually just accepts that he can't change it. He likes to pretend he is the boss.
Justin – Thoroughly enjoys school. He is excited about his homework and doing very well with his handwriting skills. He is enjoying reading and is very close to reading chapter books. His favorite part of school is being able to check out a library book and read it home for us to read together. He has brought home books about Snakes, Whales and this week brought home one about an elephant and his 11th birthday party. He started his allergy shots today and isn't very thrilled about it.
Nate – Well, it's Nate. What more can I say about Nate? He is as destructive as ever and doesn't seem to want to take a break from that. He does his best to keep up with the other boys. He even likes to "read" during their reading time after school. He will occasionally tell me he needs to go potty, but I haven't pushed it at all. I am not ready for that fight. Once he is potty trained, I am thinking about doing a home-school preschool group with a couple other gals in the ward. There would be 3-4 kids so I would only have to teach about one week a month. Totally do-able.
Maggie – Oh boy! She sure is cute!! But, she is in to as many things as Nate is. Always wanting to do what he does. She is talking like crazy. Her favorite words right now are: Costco (love this one), airplane, Mama, Daee, Nennie (Kennie), up, down, stuck and all done. She has learned the signs for help, please, more, all done and thank you. Having a girl is so foreign to me! I tell ya, it's crazy!
Aaron – he is alive! He just finished a week of nights and is trying to recover. Work is very demanding on his time and what he has left is spent on his demanding crazy wife! (Did I just say that out loud? This is Sassy – byw!)
Sassy – Well, I am alive. I have lost 16.5 pounds and have 13.5 left to go. I am so psyched. It has been a tough road, and I have earned every pound, but it feels so good. Once it is all over, I will bask in my glory and MAYBE have a Mountain Dew. That's a big Maybe!!
We are looking forward to the visit of Aaron's parents next week. We are trying to figure out some fun things to do in Alaska in October. We've heard that March and October are the worst months to visit Alaska. Hmmm….what to do? Any suggestions? Oh, and I am going to give myself props for the excellent photograph at the top of this post. Do you know how difficult it is to get all 4 kids to smile at the same time? I DID IT!!! I believe this maybe the first time EVER!! Anyway, off to figure out dinner! Ciao from Alaska!
7 comments:
The kids look great! Love the boys' matching sweaters! I bet Nate would really like doing some kind of "school" like his older brothers! Hmm...October is the worst month, huh? I wonder why...
P.S. I wanted to thank you for the pregnancy support. If we need anything, I'll be sure to call! We are 8 1/2 weeks...just a couple days past our last one. So this is a big hurdle for us to at least make it this far =) I'm feeling good (because I'm feeling so bad =) about this one, but it's all in God's hands.
The kids look like they are doing great! Congrats on getting them all to smile - I have a hard time getting two to smile. A big woohoo on being half-way to your weight loss goal!
Great update! It sounds like the kids are doing well. Cute picture, too!
Thanks for the update. I miss being able to be in your lives. It's good to hear that you are getting into a "normal" ruitine. Good job on the weight loss, I think I found all of the weight you lost... Anyway, love ya!
Sis, I'm so proud of you! You are doing an amazing job.
love you
AWESOME picture of the kids! It is hard to get them all to smile, let alone look towards the camera at the same time! AND, WAY to GO on your weight loss goal! I've been watching your ticker keep moving up - it seems to coincide with how much I've gained with this pregnancy (ok, plus a couple extra pounds...) ha ha! Love and Hugs to you!!!!
Great picture--that is amazing that you got them all smiling!! Congrats on the weight loss!! Glad the family is doing well.
Post a Comment