Maggie's 2 weeks old!
Since I have received a ton of e-mails with the same questions, I figured I would answer them all on the blog. That way I don't have to answer them a thousand times.
#1 - How was labor? Labor was ridiculous. I didn't even attempt to get an epidural this time since it hasn't really worked the other 3 times, and after Nate, I had extreme back pain at the injection site. I didn't want to go through that again. So, I opted for the IV drugs, which did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! The only thing that saved me was the Phenergan. The reason I was admitted was dehydration. We had the flu at our house and I had been throwing up for 3 days and just needed them to put a few bags of saline in me to help me feel a little better. Aaron was working a ton and I really needed to be able to take care of the boys. My doctor drew some blood to do a few labs and determined that I was severly anemic. He was ready to do a blood transfusion right then, except, for some reason, Maggie looked great! He held off. They were concerned that I would lose a lot of blood during the delivery, but we were blessed. I didn't hardly lose any. My doctor was very pleased.
#2 - How did we come up with Maggie's name? For most of the pregnancy, we were going to name her Charlotte Rose. We both really liked Maggie, but couldn't find a "full" name to go with it. About 2 months ago, Aaron suggested we talk about other names. He totally threw me for a loop, I thought Charlotte it was! So, we went through the list of names that we could use Maggie as a nick name. When I suggested Magdaline, neither of us liked it, but the more we talked about it, the more we liked it. So, that is what we ended up doing. Ilene's (Aaron's mom) great-grandma's name was Magdalena which is where we got Magdaline (kind-of) and David's (Aaron's dad) mothers name was Rosalie, which is were we got Rose.
#3 - How am I doing? I am doing fantastic. I am so glad to not be pregnant any more. I am back in my clothes and finally getting some much needed sleep. Maggie is such a laid back baby. Friday night, she slept through the night. Imagine my surprise when I woke up at 7:30 and hadn't fed her all night. I about died. Nate just barley started sleeping through the night. I can't believe it. The boys love her and are so good with her, even Nate. We haven't yet had any jealousy which I totally expected from him.
If you want to see Maggie's hospital picture, click here.
6 comments:
Congrats Sis. She is adorable and so alert. Thanks for the updates. My mom sends her love as well.
xoxo
Congratulations!
She's absolutely adorable!
Love the name!
♥ Jake, Sydney & Beckham
I've been holding off calling you. Has is been two weeks already??? She's beautiful! How is it to have a GIRL in the house??? We are so excited for you! And, happy to hear that everything went well! Talk to you soon!
wow! She looks just like "you guys" I was looking at pics of the kids when they were little and she totally fits in. Anyway, she is super cute and I am really jealous. I have never had a baby sleep through the night the first year! Love you guys and can't wait to see you!
Congratulations! We just wish we were there to meet her in person! Glad to hear that all is going well! Sure love and miss ya,
ALisa
She is beautiful! I am glad that you are doing so well and that the boys are adjusting! Labor is so fun - not! Good job! Sending a package around the end of the week. Take care!
Post a Comment